The Austrian national women's ice hockey team represents Austria at the International Ice Hockey Federation's IIHF World Women's Championships and is controlled by Österreichischer Eishockeyverband. Austria has 644 female players in 2011.
- 2 Coaching staff 2011
- 3 European Championship record
- 4 World Championship record
- 5 Olympic record
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
- General Manager: Martin Kogler
- Head Coach: Miroslav Berek
- Assistant Coach: Marcel Sakac
- Assistant Coach: Markus Lackner
- Team Leader: Josef Schwarzler
- Physiotherapist: Konrad Amann
- Physiotherapist:Wolfgang Matscheko
- Equipment Manager: Gerhard Oberhuber
- Team Staff: Monika Knoppel
- Team Staff:Elfriede Verworner
The Austrian women's team has never participated in the IIHF European Women Championships.
The Austrian team participated in the World championship for the first time in 2004 (in Division III). That same year, Austria was promoted to Division II. They remained there until their promotion to Division I further to the world championship 2008. Their best performance was 13th place at the World championship of 2009.
|2004||Finished in 22nd place||1st in Division III and promoted to Division II|
|2005||Finished in 19th place||5th in Division II|
|2007||Finished in 19th place||4th in Division II|
|2008||Finished in 16th place||1st in division II and promoted to Division I|
|2009||Finished in 13th place||4th in Division I|
|2011||Finished in 12th place||4th in Division I|
|2012||Finished in 12th place||4th in Division IA|
|2013||Finished in 12th place||4th in Division IA|
The women's team of Austria has never qualified for an Olympic tournament.